We are pleased to say that part two of the building project has started. Click here for an update on progress.
We are very grateful for the financial support we have received from:
The Norwood and Newton Settlement
Congregational & General Charitable Trust
Bernard Sunley Foundation
Village Hall Improvement Grant Fund
FCC Communities Foundation
As well as the generous donations from the church family.
This part of the building project is the refurbishment of the Worship Area, our large hall. As anyone who has spent time in the Worship Area on a rainy day, will tell you, it is high time the leaky roof was sorted out. And with poor heating and virtually no-existent insulation it is not the most welcoming of places. In fact there is quite a bit to sort out. Here is a little more information:
What is the planned work?
- Small extension with new entrance doors to the Worship Area
- Extensive insulation throughout the sanctuary – external and internal, roof and walls
- New, efficient heating and air conditioning
- New lighting
- Hire-friendly sound system
- New ceilings
- Blocking up windows on the western side, replacement windows elsewhere
- Acoustic panels
- New seating and furniture
- New floor coverings
- New plumbed in baptismal tank
- New store to the south of the church building, adjoining Resources Room
- Redecoration throughout Worship Area and Resource Room
- New internal doors