- GBC Home
- Youth Home
- Generation RisingYoung people meeting with God in a way which makes sense to them. This is a place where you and your friends can belong. We meet on Sunday evenings from 7.00-8.30pm with a mix of music, creative arts, prayer, group discussion and teaching. This congregation is for 14-18 year olds with slight flexibility at each end of the age range.
- Friday Night ProjectThis is a new youth club in Godmanchester starting on 9 September 2011. We meet from 7.30pm-9.30pm on Friday nights during term time. There are plenty of fun things to get involved with in different zones around the building: -Gaming: Playstation 3, Wii and X-box -Sit and Snack: tuck shop, drinks, bean bags, music -Happening: pool table, table tennis tables, table football, air hockey We will also be having special events and theme nights as well. So if you are in school year 7-13 why not come along and bring your friends? 50p to get in, make sure you bring some other money for your sweets!
- FurnaceWe now have Furnace Home and Away! Once a month we will continue to meet at Godmanchester Primary School (Away) and on the other Sundays we will be at Godmanchester Baptist Church Centre (Home). Furnace is a chance to find out a bit more about Christianity and how to live as a Christian with other young people. Furnace Home will meet in the church centre during the Sunday morning celebration services for age specific teaching. At Furnace Away at the school on 18 September, 16 October, 20 November and 11 December we’ll be looking at various Bible characters and their journeys. All Furnace events are for young people who are in school year 7-9.
- SafeguardingChildren and young people are vital part of our church family. They have much to give as well as to receive. As we nurture them in worship, learning and in community life, we listen to them and respect the wishes and feelings of children and young people. We take their safety very seriously, and provide training and support for those working with them. For the protection of children, young people and leaders, we have a child protection policy implemented in accordance with the latest advice from our child protection agency and current legislation. All leaders and helpers hold enhanced disclosure certificates from the Criminal Records Bureau. We also take up two references for each of them, interview them about their role, and provide them with training in Child Protection issues. Each group of children and young people is led by two adults, and we carefully ensure that activities are safely run. We keep an accurate register of who is present, as well as records such as names, addresses, dates of birth, and special medical information (for example, allergies suffered or regular medication required). The church is registered under the Data Protection Act.
A fun youth club for everyone in school years 7+. We meet on Friday nights during term time. It’s at Godmanchester Baptist Church from 7:30-9.00pm.
There’s loads to do:
- Ps3 and Wii consoles
- Pool table, table tennis, table football, air hockey
- Craft activities
- Theme nights
- Music Room
- Tuck shop
There’s also plenty of space to sit, chat and hang out with your friends. £1 to get in, and don’t forget change for the tuck shop! So why not come along and bring your mates with you?
You will need to complete an up-to-date Consent Form for us.
This is what some young people have said about Friday Night Project;
‘It is awesome’
‘The leaders are really friendly’
‘It is an amazing evening and everyone is nice’
Everyone is welcome to come along!